Body Contouring After Major Weight Loss
Surgical procedures have been designed to resolve problems of excess skin that occur after weight loss. If you have lost a massive amount of weight and find that you have problems with excess skin and sagging tissue in one or many body areas, ask your plastic surgeon about body contouring after major weight loss.
Dramatic weight loss has many benefits. But after weight reduction surgery, or any substantial amount of weight loss, the skin and tissues often lack the elasticity to conform to the reduced body size.
Body contouring procedures may include:
- Facelift: sagging of the mid-face, jowls, and neck.
- Breast lift: sagging, flattened breasts.
- Tummy tuck: apron of excess skin hanging over the abdomen.
- Lower body lifts: sagging of the abdomen, buttocks, groin and outer thighs.
- Medial thigh lift: sagging of the inner, outer and mid thigh.
- Brachioplasty (arm lift): sagging of the upper arms.
Find out how to prepare for your surgery here.