Stephen J. Delatte M.D.
Born in Thibodaux, Dr. Stephen J. Delatte is a native of South Louisiana. He attended Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge where he graduated Magna Cum Laude with a bachelor’s degree in Microbiology. He completed his medical education at the Louisiana State University School of Medicine-New Orleans in 1996.
His post graduate education began with a general surgery residency at the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston and included two years of pediatric cancer research. During his general surgery training, Dr. Delatte was awarded the Max S. Rittenbury Intern of the Year for the Department of Surgery (1997), the Dabney R. Yarbrough III, MD Research Award (2000), elected into the Alpha Omega Alpha Society through resident election (2003), and served as Chief Administrative Resident in 2002-2003 for the department of surgery.
In 2005, Dr. Delatte completed his Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery residency at the University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics-Madison. As part of his core residency training, he studied Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgery of the face, head and neck, trunk and extremities.
Since starting his practice in 2005, Dr. Delatte has been performing the full spectrum of cosmetic and reconstructive procedures- addressing medical issues ranging from comprehensive aesthetic rejuvenation to complex reconstruction for congenital, traumatic, and cancer related deformities.
Dr. Delatte is Board Certified in Plastic and Reconstructive surgery and a member of both the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and the Southeastern Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons.
In his free time, Dr. Delatte enjoys spending quality time with his wife and two children, as well as exploring the many outdoor treasures that make life in Louisiana a wonderfully unique experience.
Education & Training
- Bachelor’s Degree in Microbiology, Magna Cum Laude graduate, LSU in Baton Rouge
- Graduate of LSU School of Medicine in New Orleans
- General Surgery Residency – Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston
- Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Residency – University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics in Madison
Affiliations & Honors
- Max S. Rittenbury Intern of the Year Award for the Department of Surgery, 1997
- Dabney R. Yarbrough III, MD Research Award, 2000
- Elected into the Alpha Omega Alpha society through resident election, 2003
- Chief Administrative Resident for the Department of Surgery, 2002-2003
- Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Member of the Southeastern Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons
- Medical Director of the Grossman Burn Center, Our Lady of Lourdes, 2009
- Member of Board of Directors, Park Place Surgical Hospital